Category Archives: Operations
Say goodbye to winter and hello to spring and summer! After an unusually warm winter, there is no doubt that the summer heat approaching us will be something to take into concern. Whether you are outside working construction or in a kitchen sweating over a hot stove, taking the necessary precautions to protect your employees and yourself is a must. Here are some pointers from The Occupational Safety and Health Administration on how to keep your working environment “pass out proof.”
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting, breathable clothing
- Avoid the morning coffee, caffeine and sugar are a catalyst for dehydration
- Provide workers with plenty of cool water. The water should be at a temperature of 50-60°F if possible.
- Even though hydrating is great, be aware that drinking more than 12 quarts of fluid in 24 hours is harmful to the body.
Know What You Feel:
- Profuse sweating
- Slurred speech
- Throbbing headache
- Pale or flushed complexion
- Muscle cramps
- Slightly elevated body temperature
- & Shallow breathing are all signs of a Heat Stress related illness